Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts for Podium & Poster Presentations
7th Annual Cultural Inclusion Institute
Advancing Knowledge, Cultural Inclusivity & Social Justice Related to The Impact of Human Trafficking in Primary Care Settings
Conference: June 10-11, 2020 in San Antonio, Texas
Conference Details: https://ce.uthscsa.edu/browse/nursing/courses/7th-cultural-inclusion-conference
Podium presentations will be 30 minutes in length to include question and answer time.
Poster Presentations will be on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 from 4:00-5:00 PM (during evening reception)
- Poster Competition: all presented posters will be entered into the poster competition. The committee will judge based on submission criteria, format, and your verbal presentation during the session.
- Awards will be given out during the wrap up on Thursday afternoon.
Conference Learning Outcomes
1. Define human trafficking and identify the scope of the problem.
2. Distinguish the role and response of the primary care interprofessional who encounters a suspected victim.
3. Identify the components of appropriate and effective interviews of suspected victims.
4. Discern the public healthcare response and interprofessional education required to address human trafficking.
Abstract topics (but NOT limited to)
- Technology and trafficking
- Educating healthcare professionals about Human-Trafficking
- Advocacy and social action
- Increasing youth awareness about human-trafficking
- Children and Teen victims of trafficking
- Substance abuse and human trafficking
- Domestic and international trafficking
- Human-Trafficking emerging models/frameworks in delivering trauma informed healthcare and behavioral health treatments
- Treating the trafficked victim in the primary care setting
1. Prior to submitting your abstract, all listed authors must complete the online biographical data form and disclosure
2. Follow the format listed below
3. All accepted podiums & poster presenters must REGISTER, pay the registration fee and are responsible for their registration fee, travel, and all expenses related to the conference.
4. Submit abstract as an email attachment in MS Word format (do not PDF) to Cindy Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.org
Format & Acceptance
- MS Word document font 12 Times New Roman list in this order:
- Abstract title (do not put in all caps)
- Presenting author’s name, credentials, title, organization name, email and phone #
- Additional authors’ names, credentials, title, organization
- Identify Poster or Podium (or both)
- Abstract content- must include:
- Problem/Purpose relevant to conference theme/objectives
- Discussion of issue or concepts/variables of interest
- Population, sample, setting if research & description of community resource
- Methods (research) or interventions (practice/teaching)
- Findings, conclusions & implications
- References (required)
- Podium submission Deadline concluded & Poster submission Deadline: May 20th
- Confirmation of receipt of abstract will be emailed only to the first author, please allow a few business days.
- Acceptance of abstracts for Podium Presentation will be emailed to the first author no later than February 28th.
- Acceptance of abstracts for Poster Presentation will be emailed on an ongoing basis.