Call for Abstracts for Podium & Poster Presentations
6th Annual Cultural Inclusion Institute: Promoting Health & Wellbeing Through Social Justice & Cultural Inclusivity
Conference: April 24-25, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas
Conference Details: https://ce.uthscsa.edu/browse/nursing
Podium presentations will be 30 minutes in length to include question and answer time.
Poster Presentations will be on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 5:30-6:30 PM
- Poster Competition: all presented posters will be entered into the poster competition. The committee will judge based on submission criteria, format, and your verbal presentation during the session.
- Awards will be given out during the wrap up on Thursday afternoon. Top prize is an iPad!
Conference Learning Outcomes
- Employ leadership strategies that promote cultural inclusivity
- Recognize the social justice advocacy role of healthcare professionals
- Apply strategies to discern personal implicit biases
- Assess the impact of implicit bias in healthcare
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Review the Conference Theme and Learning Outcomes. We are interested in submissions that are focused on one or more of the conference learning outcomes.
- All listed authors must complete (prior to submitting) the online biographical data form and disclosure https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UTHSCSA_COI
- All accepted podiums & poster presenters must register, pay the registration fee and are responsible for their registration fee, travel, and all expenses related to the conference.
- MS Word document font 12 Times New Roman list in this order
- Abstract title (do not put in all caps)
- Presenting author’s name, credentials, title, organization name, email and phone #
- Additional authors’ names, credentials, title, organization
- Identify which learning out come your abstract addresses, can be more than one
- Identify Poster or Podium (can list both)
- Abstract content- must include:
- Problem/Purpose relevant to conference theme/objectives
- Discussion of issue or concepts/variables of interest
- Population, sample, setting if research & description of community resource
- Methods (research) or interventions (practice/teaching)
- Findings, conclusions & implications
- References (required)
Submission & Acceptance
- Podium Submission Deadline: January 16th & Poster Submission Deadline: March 1st
- Submit abstract as an email attachment in MS Word format (do not PDF) to email@example.com
- Confirmation of receipt of abstract will be emailed only to the first author, please allow a few business days.
- Acceptance of abstracts for Podium Presentation will be emailed to the first author no later than January 25th.
- Acceptance of abstracts for Poster Presentation will be emailed on an ongoing basis.